Since I’m still at school, we’re allowed only discrete makeup. Which, if you think about it, kinda sucks.
But at least we’re allowed it, so here is what I use.
Since I don’t have a lot of time in the mornings, I only use a few products;
1. canmake eyelash curler (it’s the pink tube in the photograph). It’s essentially a transparent essence that lengthens your eyelashes, and has a stiff comb for applying. I got this in Ōsaka, and you can actually see the lengthening effect (especially if you have dark lashes like mine) since it’s transparent. This way, I don’t have to use the traditional eyelash curlers. The essence sets in about 7-10 seconds. http://www.canmake.com/en/eeye/item_eye016.html
2. Estée Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara. I use this over the eyelash curler. The mascara in the photograph is a free tester of this product, but it doesn’t clump. Plus, it lengthens out my short eyelashes. The best thing is that even in Hong Kong’s notoriously humid weather and paired up with my PE lessons, this literally does not smudge AT ALL. http://www.esteelauder.com/product/637/3513/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Eyes/Mascara/Double-Wear/Zero-Smudge-Lengthening-Mascara
3. shu uemura hard formula 9 eyebrow pencil. This pencil is one of the best ones I’ve ever owned. According to the shu uemura site; “This unique eyebrow pencil only releases color pigment when it interacts with the oils in the brow hairs.” It’s got a funky-shaped tip that applies really well, and the colour is very natural. Considering I have not been genetically gifted with perfect brows, this helps a lot. You don’t even need a brush. http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/product/HARD-FORMULA,default,pd.html
4. Rimmel London Exaggerate Creamy Eyeliner WP. This smudges a little although it says it’s waterproof, so you need to brush on some powder beforehand. However, the color delivery and creaminess make up for it. It has a built-in sharpener which is pretty useful. http://us.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/exaggerate-auto-waterproof-eye-definer
5. Dior Instant Eye Makeup Remover. You obviously can’t leave makeup on when you go to sleep, and both me and my mom agree that this is the best makeup remover there is. The remover is split into two layers; one water-based and the other oil-based – for all kinds of makeup. You shake it well so that they both mix before wiping your makeup off. Although it’s a little expensive, it’s worth it, and one bottle will last you a long time. http://www.sephora.com/instant-eye-makeup-remover-P269301