I have a thing for all things glitzy, but I decided instead that I wanted to make a customized charm bracelet that reflects my personality instead. I completed this during a trip to Australia – I brought my (dad’s) pliers, chain, jump rings and everything! I think I may have overloaded on charms 🙂
I bought the charms from Sham Shui Po, the arts-and-crafts district in Hong Kong, for 2-5 HKD each.
What you’ll need:
– A length of chain with suitably-sized links
– Jump rings
– Clasp (I find toggle clasps look best on charm bracelets)
1. Measure your wrist and cut a piece of chain with an added extra 2cm to the length.
2. Attach both parts of your clasp, one on each end of the chain.
3. Attach your charms onto your chain using jump rings, remembering to space them out evenly/in sections on the chain so that your bracelet is evenly weighted.