As a beginner cook, it’s really difficult for me to handle many ingredients all at once. What should be a 10-15 minute preparation (chopping vegetables, or cooking the spaghetti before adding sauce). So this recipe is pretty simple and is comprised entirely of pre-bought/washed ingredients, save for one ingredient essential in almost every cuisine: garlic.
Spinach and Pesto Ravioli with Kale
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- A package of pre-washed and chopped kale
- Pesto as required (I used 2 pots of M&S fresh pesto because it has a more vibrant taste than shelf-bought pesto)
- 2 packs spinach and ricotta ravioli
- Prepare ravioli as suggested on the package and add a bit of salt to your boiling water to taste. Strain out water, leaving some for the sauce.
- Brown the garlic in olive oil. Add the kale, a bit of the pasta water and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ravioli and pesto. Serve.